Grow fond of beautiful Peru by supporting local clinics and working on public health efforts to improve the quality of life of the Peruvian people.
Healthyouth leads a public health campaign against parasitosis in the highlands of Huancayo, Peru. Our flagship volunteer experience offers opportunities for students to work with clinicians and teach children at local schools and after school programs. Students will also have the opportunity to help further our work with local partners to prevent parasitic infection in this welcoming community.
Program donation fee
Program donation fee includes
- Transportation (from airport and in-country)
- All food expenses (3 meals per day)
- All Living expenses (home stay, hotels, and hostel)
- All related work materials (badges, ID cards, teaching materials etc.)
- All fees associated with group activities during orientation
- Group social activities (i.e. ice cream, swimming pool)
- Pre-field preparatory kit (language guides, booklets, information sheets, instructional audio CDs, guide books etc.)
- Language instruction
- Professional lectures
- Donations to project sites
- Special projects in target communities
Program donation fee does not includes
- Visa fees
- Travelers insurance
- Personal travel
- Personal expenditures
- Full summer participants are expected to travel during the program
- Please note: We strongly encourage volunteers to bring extra resources with them to be able to travel during their free time. Our staff will be readily available to guide volunteers through the visa issuing process, purchasing travelers insurance and any other questions through our orientation. Volunteers must have a valid passport in order to travel internationally; if the volunteer does not have a valid passport, please secure your passport as soon as possible and notify our staff.